Horizant Helps Two Clients Manage the Pandemic Using Tools They Already Have
Case Studies on Leveraging Your Data Management Assets
Facility managers have been trying to adapt to the COVID-19 pandemic and keep their workforces safe. Here at Horizant, we have been working with our clients to help in any way we can, including offering the Archibus Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) application at no cost for the next 18 months.
For some clients, however, the solution lies in doing more with the data and licenses they already have. That was the case when two of our clients reached out to ask for help in ramping up their response management.
We helped them change how they were looking at and using their data in order to get the outputs they needed.
Maintaining Safe Distances for Essential Workers
One of our financial services clients wanted to ensure the safety of their essential workers who were needed on-site. To accomplish this, they needed to:
- Plan safe seating arrangements.
- Ensure social distancing protocols were followed by tracking space usage.
- Implement advanced cleaning protocols for the areas the employees were using.
Our experts worked with our client to explore how to use existing data and licensing to manage the use of the space in a completely new way. There are several tools our team used to achieve this solution:
- The Archibus Space Management application was used to understand where the employees were usually located and what equipment they needed.
- BIM information from the Smart Client Extension for AutoCAD and Revit was used to determine the best space management plan.
- The hoteling concept was implemented to allow employees to book individual desks, optimizing physical distancing as well as employee satisfaction.
- IoT sensors were used to track how the space was actually being used and make adjustments to the seating arrangement and cleaning regimen accordingly.
The benefits for the client were manifold. The major advantages gained from working with our team included:
- Safe use of the space was ensured and even improved over and above normal patterns of work.
- Monitoring of the space was improved using the data analytics provided by our software solutions and IoT sensor integration.
- Confirmed adherence to the cleaning and safety protocols to not only ensure the safety of those present but the overall integrity of the organization.
Preparation of Labs and Clinics for COVID-19 Testing
A public sector client needed to quickly identify, coordinate, and prepare a number of labs and clinics across the country in response to the pandemic.
- Pinpointing exact locations of labs and clinics in a comprehensive manner.
- Itemize amenities, accessibility, and other details of each location.
- Categorizing the labs and clinics for specific cleaning contracts.
Our team of experts used the existing data and software applications of the client to provide the needed outputs in a matter of days. The client was able to leverage their preexisting Archibus licenses for:
- Space Inventory and Performance application
- Smart Client Extension for AutoCAD and Revit
These applications had the visualization, data management, and automation capacities that permitted the client to make these changes and arrangements quickly and effectively.
As a result of the efficiency made possible via Archibus systems, the clinics and labs were cleaned and open in time to respond to the growing pandemic response needs.
Horizant is Here to Help You Respond Effectively
Whether you’re an existing client or not, we are happy to help your facility management or corporate real estate management program pivot to better suit your needs.
Contact us for a free consultation on responding to the pandemic and keeping your team safe.